I think this would have to be one of the main things in setting up our online biz that holds a lot of us back or really brings out the FEAR (false evidence appearing real) factor.
Just trying to get my head around how to convey to my customer or clients exactly what I have to offer and how my offer is going to help them solve a specific problem was fundamental to me. It is the same for everyone if you want to keep attracting customers to you.
The other aspect is in taking specific action and applying what you learn. It can be really daunting to start putting yourself or your product out there to the big wide world. We all start with a lot of enthusiasm but it is easy to give up or think that we are not good enough if our program or product doesn't sell or if we are forever chasing clients. We often don't realise that it how we relay our message that is the key. My main mantra for over 20 years has been "never give up".
If you break things down and take action step by step it is not hard, but there is a science behind learning the psyche of what makes us all respond to various marketing messages. In a lot of cases we are not even aware that there is a lot of subliminal (hidden) messages around us or what 'triggers' us to react, respond or retreat (fight or flight).
I started my journey in personal development and then studied to become a life coach. What does that mean to the general public? I was excited and telling everyone thinking they would think great, fantastic but their reaction was more one of confusion or polite interest.
I didn't realise back then that unless I clearly stated how I could help a client solve a specific problem I would be getting nowhere fast. Little did I know that they (my potential clients) wanted to know "what's in it for me" or "what do I get out of this". I was too broad thinking - I just wanted to help anyone or everyone. I didn't realise that I had to be very concise and targeted. My two main personal passions and niches are:
- Creating Budgets for Teens and Young Adults - "I help teenagers or young adults save up for whatever they want in a specific time frame by creating customised budgets".
- Helping coaches or "infocollectomaniacs" keep organised using MS Office OneNote - "I help "infocollectomaniacs" especially new overwhelmed coaches who have bright, shiny object syndrome or techo & marketing fears learn the basic skills to find all their downloads and resources quickly and efficiently by using MS Office OneNote"
My mentors over the last year have been:
- Taki Moore - Coach Marketing Machine, Coach Marketing Show (check out my interview with Taki here)
- Jamie McKean - Technology for Coaches, jamiesfasttrack.com, Coach Marketing Show (check out my interview with Jamie here)
- Alex Mandossian - marketingonline.com
- Todd Brown - 6 Figure Funnel Formula, marketingfunnelautomation.com (currently studying)
- Leonie Dawson - Amazing Biz & Life Academy (affiliate)
- Denise Duffield-Thomas - Money Bootcamp (affiliate)
- James Tuckerman - Anthill, Not so Freaky University
- Apps Sumo
- 5 Minute Marketing
- Ted Talks
Prosperity & Self Esteem Life Coach
co founder Niche Networkers - nichenetworkers.com (under construction)
Awesome Affiliate Resources – check them out
- The World's Premiere Training + Mastermind Resource for Women Creating Amazing Lives + Businesses! Amazing Biz & LIfe Academy - Leonie Dawson
- Join Denise Duffield-Thomas's Money Bootcamp
- Weebly's free website and its drag & drop features www.weebly.com
- Get ready for Summer with Lisa at Vibrant Nutrition’s programs sugar detox and road to wellness
I can help you if:
- You want help in setting up your own electronic notebook using MS Office One Note for your coaching biz or business in general (more details - click here)
- You would like a customised budget created for you (more details - click here)
- You would like to be interviewed for your business, charity or passionate interest (more details click here)
Enquire through my website for further details
www.colleenscoachingcorner.com or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.